Monday, July 22, 2013

Navigation

Navigating motherhood. I'm new to this whole mama thing. Yes I've watched babies before, even young ones, but this is my first time as Mama and it's a whole different experience. Every day I'm learning and so is she. How to teach, how to comfort, how to love her as she needs. I already feel like I've learned so much, yet at the same time I feel like I know so little. Just taking it day by day and trying to cherish each moment.

Navigating time. Time seems to slip by so quickly. There's never enough. I need to start evaluating how I spend my time, and investing it wisely.

Navigating chores. Laundry. So much laundry. Who knew one little person could mean so much more laundry. Brett and I used to do a couple of loads every weekend, but now that Charlotte's here we do at least a load a day!

Navigating this new body of mine. I've always wondered what my postpartum body would look like. I have to say that at 6 weeks out I'm happy to be down a couple of pounds from my pre-baby weight but I'm still getting used to the new me. I have a new scar across my lower stomach and stretch marks that in time might fade. I'm a little softer than I was before, but it was all worth it. But I have to say I'm actually looking forward to exercising now. Getting in shape and getting to know the new me and feeling healthy and setting a good example for our baby girl.

Navigating the everyday. Every part of my day is different. It all revolves around her, and I don't mind one bit. Sure I have a to-do list, but truth be told a lot of what's on it can wait. And that's how it's meant to be. Focusing on what's important.

Navigating life as a military wife. Early mornings, study hours, tests. Lots of unknowns - including where we'll be in six months time. Just going with the flow. Taking it day by day. Learning every day how I can better support him to help him succeed.

Navigating sleep. Sleep. It's the one thing that everyone warns you about while you're pregnant. I expected the worst, but I have to say I've been pleasantly surprised. No, she's not sleeping through the night....but we may not get there for a while. But she does sleep well. She loves to cuddle, and doesn't wake up  because of noises or if you move her. If given the chance of course I'd take more, but what new mom wouldn't. Now we just have to work a bit more on establishing some sort of a routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment